Sunday, January 04, 2004



Oh yes. It's very nice.

Like a grail-shaped beacon, it has both called us from our humble beginning and led us through perils that are far too perilious. But since our time in Paris, it has been our quest. We have walked and ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdoms of Munich, Salzburg, and Vienna.

And it has taunted us like so many Frenchmen, "We French persons outwit you a second time, perfidious English mousedropping hoarders ... I wave my private parts at your aunties, you brightly-coloured, mealy-templed, cranberry-smelling, electric donkey-bottom biters," with inadequate imitations strewn about like so many bones.

Still, we journeyed on. We knew that... somewhere out there ... there must (intro music) Stop that! Stop that. Okay, well, I better get on with it.

Jenny and I made an important discovery: a crepe stand here in Vienna. Not just any crepe stand, but one that actually attempts to make crepes with Nuttella-esque ingredients. It's still not QUITE the same, but it's better than nothing.

I know what you're thinking: the most important thing you've seen or done in the last few days of touring around some of the oldest and grandest cities in the world was find a semi-decent crepe stand? I understand your concern, and I can answer that. Yes.

No comments: