Wednesday, January 14, 2004



My name is Katie and I like to fly

Okay, so the only one who will get that joke is Jenni. I hope she enjoys it ;)

As for the rest of you blokes, I'm happy and sad to say that tomorrow's the day I fly home. In fact, in about 12 hours I will be all aboard, hopefully sitting near my wonderful travel companion and enjoying a nice smooth flight. Just in case, I think I'm going to refrain from mowing down a bunch of junk food before the flight. It just didn't go over very well last time.

For certain, the streets of London will call me back someday--according to the dating rules that'll be no sooner than at least two weeks from now. My guess is that London's a smooth one, and it'll probably be next year sometime. Always playing it cool :P

Even with the bit of melancholy of leaving, I'm ultra excited about going home. After weeks of living as a foreigner, it'll be great to be among the familiar again. It may be cold, it may not be overly thrilling, but it's home and it contains the people I love. And in the end, the people are just more important than the place. Besides, there's nothing saying I can't grab a few new traveling companions on my next adventure.

Check ya on the flipside! Of the world that is ;)

No comments: