Tuesday, November 25, 2003



Tea Party: Would you like one cake, or five?

Mmmmmm, I'm so stuffed right now. I've just had my fill of tea (with milk), cakes, and shortbread....and plenty of conversation. The best part was, I wasn't the only babbler. The host herself just went off on this huge story about her trip to St. Petersburg, and all the misadventures they had. I couldn't believe how many things totally went wrong for her. She was with a travel group, and they had a not overly helpful travel guide. During the course of the trip, their plane was delayed, one person missed the flight, they were held up at customs, they had to walk down numerous flights of stairs and through the lobby just to use the bathroom and shower every day in their hostel, one man had his passport stolen on the metro, they had to hurry to get to a ballet that they ended up buying tickets for through the black market since the travel guide didn't want to bother helping them find any for the ballet they wanted, all while wading through a huge crowd of people parading through the city in support of communism, and after it all....she had a blast. I love traveling.

No comments: