Tuesday, September 17, 2002

writing papers is a pain in the ass. no matter how many times I say it, the teachers still don't seem to hear me, so instead of agreeing with me and saying, gee, why don't we stop assigning stupid writing assignments, they just give more. is it so difficult to make an assignment somewhat enjoyable? yes, I get to write about my own linguistic development, which means talking about myself which is cool, but why must we incorporate the stuff we had to read in articles? didn't we get enough of it from talking about it for a good couple hours in class, discussing every little point? I feel like I'm just repeating the same dang stuff. I'm trying to make it semi creative/thoughtful but of course that takes time, time I really don't feel like dedicating to an assignment that invovles drolling out stuff we already covered...So of course last night I spent more time chatting, writing emails, and overall just doing anything and everything possible to avoid this assignment so that I'm forced to take the time between classes today to finish it. I'm not sure if it's more because I really don't feel like writing it, or because when I write, I tend to be rather anal about it and am not happy until the phrasing and arrangment is JUST HOW I WANT IT, no matter if it's a short, barely thought provoking little paper or if a huge research report--what I mean is, if I take all the time I would really need to take care of all the little details I want, it would take me a super long time to write it, and I don't want to spend that much time on it, so if I purposely limit myself by leaving it for the last minute, I force myself to be short and sweet and just get it done! ::sigh:: I'm giving myself one more hour to work on it. If I'm not done by then, that's just tough cuz I have better things to do than sit here and work on it...like work on other homework I have due this afternoon :P hmmm, A procrastinator's life is never dull.

No comments: