Monday, September 09, 2002

Okay, Saturday I went to Minneapolis to visit friends and go to the Renaissance Festival, which I must say was pretty damn cool. Later Saturday night, we went to see some local bands at Uptown Bar and Cafe and I have to say that I was sooo impressed. The first band we listened to was Track 86, and they were pretty good, the singer had a sweet range from nice singing to rocking screaming. I was pretty well blown away though when I heard the next band, Down and Above (dna for short). I know Tricia already wrote about them a little in her blog Whimsical Doodles, but this was my first time at the MN scene, so I have to write about it too. I bought their CD, and I was not at all disappointed. I mean, not only are they three good looking guys, but they all have great singing voices that they blend awesomely. Their guitar/bass riffs rock and the drummer gets some sweet beats going on. On top of that they're all great musicians who are serious about their work but seem to have a lot of fun onstage too, and they were all nice enough to take the time to sign my cd case, which was cool of them. I've seen a few local bands, and they had some definate talent, but out of all of them so far, this one takes the cake and I really hope they make it. I know there's so much competition out there it's next to impossible, but they have a really good start and it seems the determination to make it happen too. So that's why I'm plugging them here, cuz they rock and they deserve it. If there was something I could do to help them out, I would totally do it. Right now the only thing I can do is give you all the official website of Down and Above which also contains a link where you can hear some of their music. Check 'em out :)

No comments: