Friday, May 27, 2005

Not since "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

It's been many years since I learned the lyrics and tune to the tragic folk hit "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," yet it has surfaced in my brain and hasn't left me all day. A person might ask, why? Why now, after years of silence, has this song sprung forth into my conscious thought? I have a theory that I will share with you...I'M FINALLY VISITING LAKE SUPERIOR!

Yes, now that I have been a resident of MN for almost a full year, I am finally embarking northward of the Twin Cities. Thus far, St. Cloud was my North, but now I will visit what is commonly known as "The North Shore." Granted, I believe that I may have been further north into the UP than I will be going here in MN, but it's still exciting. Hell, I haven't been to the UP for years now, so even THAT would have been a bit of a thrill, even though there isn't a whole heck of a lot there. Except really good pasties. Yes, the pasties and the Niagra Escarpment are wonderful there. And the trees. They have good trees. Lots of color.

No comments: