Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Days Until Unemployment: 6

Six days to go at the middle school before I enter the world of short-term substitute teaching. Yay. My English students are working on writing their own myths, so of course less than half of them had their first draft done for today for the peer editing we did in class. I just hope that a few of the students that never turned in their Hercules paper or did poorly on it will have to motivation to do well on this paper. Heck, it's a fictional story; how hard is that to write? Honestly, I am pretty much spoonfeeding this paper to them.

On the other front, I'm slowly gaining my humanity back. For the couple months I have been losing what's left of my humanity, bit by school-filled bit. Any human blood I had was being replaced by Teacher blood. It was a scary, scary moment. I feared my roommate's and significant other's life, that the Teacher in me would eventually destroy them.

Thankfully, that was not their fate. I have emerged from the abyss, using the little resistance I had left, and I'm finally leveling off. Teaching still takes a lot of work, but I've finally gotten into a good routine. Of course, now I'm finishing up in this position, and I'll be done next Wed. The teacher I'm subbing for came in today to talk about what's been going on in the classroom, and she'll be coming next week to observe and get things set. Yippee.

I'm so torn. Part of me is sad to leave MY classroom; the other part of me will be VERY happy for the time off from all the work. At least there's a party this weekend. Parties solve everything. And I can't wait to don my Catholic school girl "costume." ;)

No comments: