Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Good Intentions

I think my brain is starting to fry. I spend so much of it doing work that I can't concentrate well on anything else during the week. Of course, blogging has definitely taken a back seat, as has using Facebook or MySpace. At the beginning of the year, I had such good intentions to blog more and make up some resolutions and shit. Not really a big surprise that I didn't. Sadly, work has just sucked up my life. The truly sad part is that I like it. I mean, I love it.

No, I am not a workaholic. Well, I don't think I am anyway. Are workaholics self aware? Despite my passion for teaching (though definitely not the office work or grading) I'm still being social, and I suppose that's the other part of the problem. Combine work with a social life, and I get just a couple hours a day for myself, if I'm lucky. That's necessarily a bad thing, except that it makes things a little stressful sometimes. Still, it's nice to hang out with people I don't typically see that often.

For instance, it's still f-ing awesome that Jenni is in town now. We don't live that close, but Jenni makes a really good effort in driving up here to hang out, even on week nights. I'll have to get down there soon. I'm trying to get a lot of time in with Karin too, since she'll be moving down to Madison after her wedding in mid-April.

Here are some things on the bright side:
  • I finally finished putting together the online school newspaper. It's not online yet, due to having to wait for the tech guy to meet with me. I'll let you know when it's done. I would post about it, but I prefer not having the whole world know where I work.
  • I'm still rocking karate class at the YWCA. I probably couldn't kick anyone's ass YET, but Chris did get my a gi for my birthday :)
  • The Christmas tree is still up. I guess the tradition continues. Now it's a Valentine's Day tree.
  • I have reestablished old ties--I now can play Super Mario World on the SNES again! Yay for used game stores! (And losing games I KNOW I own totally sucks)
That's about all I can think of for now. If I don't post now, I'll never post this year.

No comments: