Thursday, February 24, 2005

Get a move on

Starting tonight, Tricia and I have begun the highly taxing process of moving all our belongings to our new apartment. It's oh so difficult too, I mean, having to bring alllll of that stuff allllll the way down one flight of stairs, gee, I have no idea how we're going to manage it. Thank goodness we have the stereo down there and cranked up while we're moving, or we might never get through this difficult endeavor. ;)

So far, the kitchen is pretty much transferred, as is the bathroom. The big furniture we're moving on Saturday (with some help from some manly men :) The hardest part will be our rooms. It's not that we have that much stuff, it's more that we have that shit spread all over in an unorganized mess all over our rooms. It'll be so nice having the extra storage space in the pantry, linen closet, and our own REAL closets. Finally my room won't look like a college dorm room. At least, that's the theory. I even plan on getting frames for a couple of my Japanese prints so I can actually hang up real pictures on the wall. One day, not while I'm at this apartment, but ONE DAY, I will hang up my Walden Pond picture as well. Then I'll know I'm truly home.

Until then, I'm just a transient. Perhaps when Chris and I get a place this summer it will feel a bit more like home. Hard to think I haven't really had a HOME since I left for college 5.5 years ago. Jesus. It's been that long? God I'm old.

No comments: